Saturday, October 6, 2007

Estella's Amazing Body Transformation


This is Estella Hom. We met at Sgt Shanahan's Bootcamp where she has been coming since July and has become one of our senior trainees. She is a huge inspiration to me. I love to see people transform their bodies and lifestyles with hard work and dedication. You will read that this was not done overnight - there was No Rushing the Beat here. And look at the results...
Estella will be contributing to the Funk Roberts Fitness Blog and Newsletter on an on-going basis. You can also check out her blog for great fitness, diet tips and inspiration - http://estellahom.blogspot.com/

Here is her story as told by Estella.

I used to be fat. After 4 years of university and having spent endless, soul-sucking hours in front of a computer, combined with poor eating habits, I earned my Bachelor of Design Degree...and gained 20lbs in the process. Definitely not your ideal combination.

That before picture was me back in September 2004 at 175lbs, size 12-13 and probably 25% body fat - YIKES! I knew I had to make a change and so began the journey. I joined a gym, hired a personal trainer, who i trained with for about a year and lost 10lbs. Most of my workouts consisted of using weight machines in the gym and not much cardio. Then i met Ryan Shanahan, creator of the Energy Flow Workout and trainer to the stars. He gave me one of my first major design gigs, became my new trainer, and we've been working out ever since. With innovative, forward thinking workout moves involving exercise balls, kettlebells, resistance bands, and body weight (plyometrics), his workouts are fun, challenging and guaranteed to burn the fat and keep it off. I lost 30lbs, gained muscle tone, have reached elite athlete status and feel like I'm in the best shape of my life!

Today i weighed in, got my measurements taken and was amazed by the results.

weight: 140lbs (from 135lbs) - gained 5 lbs
arms: 10.8" (from 10.5") - gained muscle here *woohoo!*
legs: 20.5" (from 21.5) - yay, smaller thighs!

The most surprising change was that my body fat went from 14% to 11.5%!

Next goals:1. ripped abs
2. smaller thighs - 18"
3. 10% body fat

All to be done by AUGUST 1st.

How am i going to achieve this feat? I'm going to continue doing my usual cardio & resistance training routine, go to Sgt Shanahan's Boot Camp and make some changes with my eating.

Watch for updates on healthy meal ideas and progress reports...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE COMMENTS HERE - SUBSCRIBE TO FUNK ROBERTS FITNESS