Sunday, May 3, 2009

BODY TRANSFORMATION – ALLISON EARNST

Before 186lbs - After 133lbs

VITAL STATS
Before: Age: 32 Height: 5'7" Weight: 186 lbs Body Fat: 36%
After: Age: 33 Height: 5'7" Weight: 133 lbs Body Fat: 16%


I was trolling the internet and came across this great transformation story from http://www.bodybuilding.com/ . It caught my eye, because the way that Alison was able to change, is the way I preach on a daily basis. She incorporated resistance training, plyometrics, cardio, change in eating habit, supplements and visualization of goals.

So I thought I would share this great transformation story with you.

After the birth of her third child, Allison realized that she needed to change her lifestyle to become a healthy role model for her children. Read on to learn how she dropped 53 pounds right here!

Why I Got Started

For some it's alcohol and cigarettes. For me, it was fast food and TV. I remember making more trips to the fast food restaurants than to the gym and I was literally on a first name basis with the girl that worked the lunch shift at the burger place on the corner.


I remember slowly going up a pants size. Then another. And another. I snacked on leftovers, breezed through drive thru's and did not set aside any time to exercise. I put myself last on the list of "things to do" and never quite made it to the bottom of the list.






That was until one day, "it clicked". I was sick of being tired and overweight and unhealthy. I had just given birth to my third child six months prior and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I not only needed and wanted to be healthy for my three young children but also for myself.

”I Wanted To Be HealthyFor My 3 Young Children”

I wanted to be an example for them of a strong and healthy mom and most of all, I realized that I was worth spending the time it took to plan meals and eat healthy and get in my daily workouts. I was ready. At this point I was approaching 200 lbs. I didn't like what I saw in the mirror and I was feeling uncomfortable in my own skin.

How I Did It


I started slowly. I cut down fast food from several times a week to once a week. I made slow changes to my diet and educated myself on the importance of clean eating. I subscribed to several fitness magazines and went online to Bodybuilding.com and got lots of new workout and recipee ideas

It opened up a whole new world for me. It did take more time to plan and prepare healthy things but I knew that the payoff would be priceless. So, I started working out consistently and eating clean and the pounds started coming off. I realized that it's like building a house. You can't build your dream home without the knowledge and the tools to do so.


I was not going to be able to build my dream body alone. I used all of the resources around me like Bodybuilding.com to teach me how to workout and how to eat right. There were so many ideas of ways to mix up recipes and workouts that before long, I had a huge knowledge base and was prepared and confident.

”It Opened Up A Whole New World For Me.”


The more fit I got, the more fit I wanted to be. It was such an amazing thing to see what could happen when I believed in myself and fully committed to something. After dropping the first 20 pounds or so, I got a trainer that would help me keep on track and focused. Over the course of five months or so, I was down over 40 lbs.







I decided to take the ultimate challenge and I started training for a marathon. I trained with a group for about four months and completed my first marathon. I was so proud. The marathon represented to me, my weight loss journey.

It was tough and there were times I wasn't sure if I was going to finish and wanted to give up. But, most of all, it was a concrete example of how I wanted something, I believed in myself, prepared myself and I did it!

I am still working hard and have so many upcoming goalss and dreams and I know that I will accomplish them. This journey has taught me that you really can do whatever you put your mind to. You just believe in yourself and visualize what you want and you will make it happen.

”I Was So Proud.”

The possibilities truly are endless. I just had my first fitness photo shoot and that was so exciting. If you had told me a year ago that I would be on Miami Beach in a bikini with a photographer, I would have thought you were out of your mind. But I did it. And I will do it again and again hopefully. I still look at the pictures and think, "Wow! That's me!"


Now, I am considering a fitness competition in 2009. It's exciting to see how much I am capable of and most importantly, how I can inspire, motivatee and encourage others along the way.

You just have to want it. It's something that no one else can do for you and there is no magic pill. You have to eat clean and you have to move your body. You have to explore and learn discipline from beginning to end.

Through this experience, I learned to push myself beyond what was expected and what was comfortable and to really challenge myself. I am important and I am worth putting myself first and living my life so that I can be the absolute best that I can be.


SUPPLEMENTS - Get All Your Supplements at Supplementsource.ca

Protein Powder

L-Carnitine
Glutamine

BCAA
Flax Oil
Multivitamin

DIET

Meal 1:
3 egg whites
Oatmeal
Cinnamon
Small handful of berries


Meal 2: Post Workout

Protein shake

Meal 3:
Turkey
Whole grain bread
Small salad

Meal 4:
Apple
1 tsp natural peanut butter
Handful of almonds

Meal 5:
Fish
Green veggies

Meal 6:
Protein shake

TRAINING

Monday: Shoulders & Abs
Front Dumbbell Raises: 3 x 12
Shoulder Press: 3 x 12
Lateral Raises: 3 x 12
Rear Delt Raise: 3 x 12
Air Bike: 3 x 12
Reverse Decline Crunch: 3 x 12
Hanging Leg Raises: 3 x 12
Side Plank: 3 x 12
Oblique Crunches: 3 x 12

Tuesday: Chest & Triceps
Dumbbell Flyes: 3 x 12
Cable Crossovers: 3 x 12
Incline Dumbbell Press: 3 x 12
Bench Press: 3 x 12
Dips: 3 x 12
Triceps Press: 3 x 12
Triceps Pushdown: 3 x 12
Lying Triceps Press: 3 x 12

Wednesday: Legs
Hack Squat: 3 x 12
Dumbbell Lunges: 3 x 12
Leg Extensions: 3 x 12
Leg Curls: 3 x 12
Jump Squats: 3 x 12

Thursday: Back & Biceps
One Arm Dumbbell Rows: 3 x 12
Lat Pulldown: 3 x 12
Seated Cable Rows: 3 x 12
Bent Over Barbell Rows: 3 x 12
Alternating Bicep Curls: 3 x 12
Hammer Curls: 3 x 12
Cable Curls: 3 x 12
Concentration Curls: 3 x 12

Friday: Plyometrics


Saturday: Cardio


Sunday: Rest

Suggestions For Others


Dream big! Don't underestimate the power of change. Believe in yourself and surround yourself with positive people that support and encourage you. Do your homework! Use the resources available to you like online articles on nutrition, workouts and supplements.


Be strong and focused and really take the time each day to visualize your goals and what you want your body to look like and feel like. We can all be anything we want to be if we want it bad enough. It's a choice and a decision to be consistent and work hard to reach our goals! Go for it!

From Bodybuilding.com

SEND ME YOUR TRANSFORMATIONS, TESTIMONIALS AND INSPIRATIONAL STORIES -

FUNKTESTIMONIALS@GMAIL.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE COMMENTS HERE - SUBSCRIBE TO FUNK ROBERTS FITNESS